An article published in The Atlantic states that half of all doctoral students leave their graduate schools and universities without even finishing their degrees first. Academic burnout and mental health are common explanations for this fact. Even during the mental health dissertation writing, anxiety and depression can meddle with your research and writing process and affect your thought processes.
Forbes Health mentions that 21% of US adults experienced mental health problems in 2020, and the number of patients suffering from anxiety disorders particularly grew by 28% during the COVID-19 pandemic. BMC Psychology specifies that 39.4% of the population affected by mental health issues during the phase of the pandemic were students.
Whether you are in your writing or research phase, it is always tempting to enclose yourself in a room or library for a strenuous work session. But the human brain needs recharging, and breaks become vital; otherwise, depression and anxiety start to kick in. When such mental states start disturbing your productivity, see if you can easily find a support group.
Talk about the student health department about how you are feeling. Go out for walks. Get research tips from your peers and give the academic work a break. Seek assistance from professional writers of online dissertation writing services. Food is literally the fuel of the human body, so ensure that you have a good diet routine.
To help you craft a better dissertation on mental health, we have included some tips in our article. Ensure to adhere to these guidelines when you are working on your papers to get better academic results.
What Do You Mean by Mental Health?
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, mental health includes our social, psychological, and emotional well-being. It helps in the determination of how a person handles stress, relates to others and makes sane and healthy choices for life. At every stage of your life, mental health is extremely important.
What Are the 4 Types of Mental Health?
Health Direct tells us that there are four types of mental health disorders and mental illnesses. Those 4 are listed here:
- Mood disorders – bipolar disorder or depression, etc
- Psychotic disorders – schizophrenia, etc.
- Anxiety disorders
- Personality disorders
What Are the 5 Components of Mental Health?
Mental health is a component of one’s physical health (including cardiovascular and nutritional health), and mental well-being is composed of 5 different components. Montana State University defines and presents these five diverse components in this way:
- Emotional or spiritual
- Psychological and intellectual
- Economic or Financial
How Do You Write a Mental Health Dissertation?
Writing a mental health dissertation involves the careful organisation of your ideas and the presence of a logical rhythm in the contents of your work. The format can vary according to the requirements of an institution. A general outline to follow during the process is here:
1. Title Page
On the title page of your dissertation, include the information like the following:
- Your dissertation’s title
- Your name
- The name of your institution
- The date and year of your work
In the abstract section, concentrate on providing readers with a brief summary of your mental health dissertation that highlights these elements of your work:
- Research questions
- Key findings
3. Introduction and Literature Review
Now that you are gradually establishing your mental health dissertation structure, the introduction shall need to be crafted carefully. It shall introduce your topic to the audience and state the key aims of your research. The literature review section should have these characteristics:
- It reviews the studies related to your dissertation ideas.
- It identifies the gaps in the existing literature and points out the areas to address.
- You analyse and synthesise the existing research findings.
- You work on developing a theoretical framework that underpins your research work.
In the methodology of your dissertation, you should:
- Explain your data collection methods.
- Justify your research methodology and explain the research design.
- Describe your sample size, selection criteria and data collection methods.
- Any tools or software you used for the analysis of your data.
Prepare and present the findings of your work in a clear and organised manner in the results section of your work. You can use tables, charts, visuals, and graphs to interpret your data and explain their significance to readers. Ensure that you refer to your hypothesis when discussing the results of your work.
Discuss the results of your research in this section and relate it to the existing literature. Elaborate on the implications of your results for practice, theory and policy. If there are alternative explanations for your results, compare them to the previous research. Also, suggest avenues for future-based research to learners and fellow researchers.
Here, you summarise the main points of your dissertation and relate the research questions and their findings. Further, emphasise the contribution that your research has made to the field of mental health. Reflect on the importance of your study and discuss its potential impact. Do not hesitate to seek mental health dissertation help from your peers whenever you need it.
Mental Health Dissertation Examples
Some examples of researchable topics for mental health dissertations that students have submitted to their departments are as follows:
- The impact of the family on psychopathology and child adjustment
- How does bullying impact the social interaction of teenagers in high school or college?
- Socialising and its advantages for the mental health of young people
Mental Health Dissertation Topics for 2024
Some of the trending mental health dissertation ideas to pick for your work in 2024 are the following:
- Show the effect of socioeconomic conditions of a person on his mental health conditions.
- Explore the role of social media in increasing the mental illnesses of people in society and making them less physically active.
- Highlight the effect of sleep disorders on the mental health issues of individuals.
- Analyse how different types of mental traumas affect the mental, physical and overall health plus capability of a person.
- Highlight some of the stress management strategies to follow for a reduction in mental health problems, such as depression and anxiety.
In summary, a good mental health dissertation is one that has a definite structure and the relevant content is divided into the respective chapters. The research questions should be answered in the dissertation, and the findings should be related to the aims and objectives of the research. Writing a dissertation for mental health is not an easy task, and sometimes, students feel overwhelmed while working on their papers.
When you are feeling too stressed to meet the requirements of your topic idea in the dedicated time, seek dissertation help online. It is way better than risking your grades and facing continuous difficulty in fulfilling your academic responsibilities. Seek assistance from a professional writing agency now!